HARPER CE NOW!

Home » Lifelong Learning Institute (55+) » Do you know Anette Isaacs?

Do you know Anette Isaacs?

anette isaacsGetting to know Lifelong Learning Institute Instructor, Anette Isaacs:

A true cosmopolitan, German born and raised Anette Isaacs did her graduate work at Emory University, the University of Vienna, and at the Free University in Berlin and holds master’s degrees in American Studies, Political Science, and History.

In 2012, Isaacs launched A&M Tours: Art and Music in Germany, offering custom travel and educational experiences for groups. In addition to her extensive work in the travel industry, Isaacs is a faculty member at College of Lake County and Oakton Community College and enjoys teaching and lecturing on various German historical, cultural, social, and political topics.

There is still time to take one of Isaacs’ classes this summer: Germany – Feeling the Pulse of a Nation. Register online or call 847.925.6300.

How did you become interested in these topics?

Since I am a German Historian, I am particularly drawn to topics that deal with my country’s past. I am also a Gemini, and that means that I am interested in everything. This is also reflected in my lecture repertoire. Right now, I have about 20 different topics that vary from the history of the German car, to German food and the music of Richard Wagner, to more serious topics like Holocaust Remembrance and Jewish Life in Germany. I get inspired by so much.

What is an interesting fact about you?

Where to start?!  I think one of the most interesting facts about me is that I was a published author at age six! When I was in first grade, a little story that I had written was published in our school newspaper. Oh, how I wish that my parents had kept the issue! I remember that the story had something to do with me having seen a ghost and being afraid of it, but then I woke up and realized it had just been a dream. Apparently my teacher and the newspaper editors thought is was good enough to publish.

What do you enjoy most about teaching LLI courses?

I love to be able to convey knowledge and since I am German, I see myself as an “educational ambassador”. I love educating and enlightening my audiences and I also enjoy our discussions tremendously. In addition, as a lecturer who has been teaching in this country for five years and in Germany for an additional 10 years, and who has seen and talked to a LOT of people, I always love returning to Harper College because the LLI students are the nicest and most interested people out there. We always have great fun together and I am looking forward to returning!

COURSE INFORMATION:

Germany-Feeling the Pulse of a Nation, LLI 1177-100, Thursday, 8/10, 1-3 p.m., ADV

Register online now or call 847.925.6300.

Browse all our Lifelong Learning Institute courses in the

or May-August CE Course Schedule

or visit our  LLI page for additional information.

1 Comment

1. […] more about the LLI instructors for some of the classes this month: Anette Isaacs and Ralph […]

%d bloggers like this: