Alfredo Martinez offers several art courses to express your creativity in the New Year:
- Oil and Acrylic Painting 101: Beginning (LEI 0009) – Wednesdays, 7:00-9:30 p.m., 1/17-3/7 OR 3/14-5/9
- Together Colored Tape Art: Parent/Child (LEI 0303) – Saturdays, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., 1/20-2/3
- Together Alphabet Art: Parent/Child (LEI 0304) – Saturdays, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., 2/10-2/24
- Cardboard Carving (LEI 0305) – Saturdays, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., 3/3-3/17
- Together Stop Motion: Parent/Child (LEI 0306) – Saturdays, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., 3/24-4/14
- Together Art from Scrap: Parent/Child (LEI 0307) – Saturdays, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., 4/21-5/5
About the Instructor: Alfredo Martinez was born in Caracas, Venezuela. He graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the art school Armando Reveron in Caracas and earned a Master of Fine Arts at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Since then, he has been teaching and exhibiting his work at galleries in Caracas and participated in art fairs in South America and the United States. Alfredo’s work is connected to his childhood when he was treated for leukemia and art was an act of distraction. Pieces from his December exhibit in Chicago are featured below.
“My goal for teaching is for students to understand and explore the process of making art.”
Register online or call 847.925.6300.
Details about these and all our arts courses are available
or, visit our Art home page.