Attend our free information session to learn about Camp CyberPatriot.
CyberPatriot is the Air Force Association’s National Youth Cyber Education Program, created to motivate students towards careers in cybersecurity and other science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
AFA CyberCamps emphasize fun, hands-on learning of cybersecurity principles that are relevant and applicable to everyday life. Through this 20-hour, 5 day camp, students will learn the importance of cyber safety and how to protect their personal devices and information from outside threats. Camps are designed for high school or middle school students. The AFA CyberCamp is intended for novice students new to cybersecurity and will emphasize upon Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16 concepts.
The CyberPatriot program will help increase interest in cybersecurity as a career and prepare students to participate in a National Youth Cyber Defense Competition. AFA Cybercamps emphasize interactive, hands-on learning of cybersecurity principles that are relevant in today’s digital lifestyle where students will learn the importance of cyber safety and how to protect their personal devices and information from external threats.
- Module 1: Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Module 2: Computer Basics and Virtual Machines
- Module 3: Introduction to Windows Security
- Module 4: Introduction to Linux Security
- Module 5: Advanced Cybersecurity Topics
- Capstone: The Cyberpatriot Camp Capstone will allow students the opportunity to test, evaluate and showcase the skills learned in a team-based project which will be offered as a solution to businesses or organizations requiring assistance with a cybersecurity issue. The Capstone will offer practical experience and a platform for students to demonstrate the technical skills learned, while also preparing for participation in the National Youth Cyber Defense Competition.