Learn how you can restart your nursing career at our free information session:
- This program is for U.S. registered nurses who have been out of clinical practice for five or more years or for those trying to renew or obtain an Illinois state license.
- Gain practical, hands-on skills and confidence in a program with 68 classroom hours and 80 clinical hours (includes orientation). Ideal for registered nurses working in non-hospital settings, nurses returning to the workforce, or nurses who want to further their education in the most current medical practices. To take the class, you must complete the online questionnaire.
- This Digital Badge is essential for RNs and radiology nurses working in non-hospital settings such as nursing homes and schools, nurses returning to the workforce, or those working in the most current medical practices.
About The RN Refresher Theory and Skills Review
- Designed for foreign-trained nurses who are preparing to take the nursing licensing exam.
- This course is the classroom portion of the RN Refresher course (above); students in this section do not participate in the Nursing Field Experience.
- The blended format of this course will help you become familiar with the most current trends in nursing care and the Nurse Practice Act in Illinois.
- Students must be pre-approved for the RN Refresher program.
For more information about the RN Refresher program, click here.
Browse all our healthcare courses in the May-August CE Course Schedule or
visit our Healthcare page for additional information.