“5 Ways to Prevent Dementia, Says Dr. Sanjay Gupta” highlights Dr. Gupta’s tips to help prevent dementia:
2. Stay Social
3. Get Quality Sleep
4. Eat Well
5. Try New Things
Under the last point, the article states, “Doing new things is literally exercise for the brain. Gupta recommends reading a book that’s outside of your usual interests; taking a class in cooking, art or continuing education; joining a writing group; or learning a new language.”
In fact, we can help you with all of Dr. Gupta’s recommended areas:
- Exercise – see our Yoga page for upcoming classes.
- Stay Social – Our online classes are a great opportunity for you to engage with others from the comfort and safety of your home. Choose from online live or online self-paced classes. Looking for even more choices? Check out our new online live course collaboration with colleges, universities and other educational providers across the country.
- Get Quality Sleep: Check out our post on 3 Simple Steps to Help You Relax Before Sleep. Visit our Mindfulness and Holistic page to learn about our wellness classes.
- Eat Well: We have several upcoming classes to inspire you, including: Functional Plant -Forward Foods; To Fast or Not; and two courses about nutrition and health. Also, check out our post: Age 50+? Try These Easy, Beneficial Nutrition Tips.
- Subscribe to our blog at harpercollegece.com to be the first to read our latest posts, for continued inspiration to try new things.