This is a guest post by Vicki Costa, CE Operations Specialist
Birthdays, picnics, graduations, reunions…summer is a time for getting together with family and friends. So, what are you bringing to the party? We all have a collection of favorite recipes, but it never hurts to add to that arsenal. Yes, it will need to stay refrigerated, but it’s super easy to make and doesn’t take many ingredients. It’s also very easy to double or triple this recipe, which I guarantee you will be doing. I will admit that I’m always happy when someone requests my lime-pear jello salad. It’s a cool, creamy treat that you will come back to again and again.
Lime-Pear Jello Salad Recipe
- 3 oz box lime gelatin
- 1 15 oz canned pears in juice
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 8 oz whipped topping
- Drain pears, reserving juice. Set pears aside.
- Measure juice, adding water if necessary to equal 1 cup liquid.
- Heat juice in microwave for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add dry gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Cut cream cheese into squares and add to gelatin mixture to soften.
- Pour gelatin mixture and pears into blender; mix until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate until cool (45min-1hr).
- Fold in whipped topping and stir until well-blended.
- Refrigerate until fully set.
Ready to learn more about baking and cooking? You might be interested in these CE Courses: