Your Classroom on Wheels
The Harper College Mobile Unit is a state-of-the-art computer classroom on wheels, ready to travel to your location and provide online testing, workforce development, or community outreach services to your company or organization.
Tour the Harper College Mobile Unit
Harper Professional Center, 650 E. Higgins Road, Suite 2W, Schaumburg
- Wednesday, March 7, 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 4, 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 2, 11 a.m.
Who Uses the Harper College Mobile Unit?
Harper College’s Computer Classroom on Wheels truly enhanced our Maker Day event. Brian engaged participants of all ages, providing each and every one with an entertaining computer experience. I can’t wait to have the Mobile Unit back!
Elk Grove Village Public Library
The staff were raving about the session!
Barrington Area Library
Here are just a few examples of our versatile Mobile Unit in action:
- Autodesk CAD and 3D Printing Workshop at Barrington Area Library
- CompTIA Certification Testing at District 214, Arlington Heights
- Gallop EP10 Entrepreneurial Strength Finder Assessment at Veterans as Entrepreneurs event, co-hosted with the Harper Business Department and Business and Entrepreneurship Club
- Maker Day at Elk Grove Village Public Library
- Microsoft Office Training at Atomatic Mechanical Services, Arlington Hts.
- Microsoft Visual Studio and Coding Workshop at Palatine Opportunity Center
- STEM Fair at Central Road Elementary School, Rolling Meadows
- STEAM Fair at Joyce Kilmer Elementary School, Buffalo Grove
The Mobile Unit is Versatile
- Conduct learning and testing events at remote sites.
- Provide Internet access at outreach events, job fairs, conferences and trade shows.
- Provide skills training when you need more space.
- Do certification testing on-site for employees or prospective new hires.
- Facilitate processing a large group at career and recruiting fairs or compliance seminars.
- Deploy event support for emergency response assistance, adult education programs, or community outreach and partnership events.
The Mobile Unit is a Powerhouse
- 13 computer workstations:
- Windows 7 and Microsoft Office
- Flat-screen monitors, networked printing
- One ADA-compliant workstation.
- An interview room with workstation and privacy door.
- 55” SMART Board Interactive Flat Panel.
- 12.5 kilowatt generator.
- Climate-controlled environmental system.
- ADA-compliant wheelchair lift.
- Retractable awning.
- GPS instrumentation.
- Audio/video system.
- Internet connectivity up to 4G speeds.
- Laser Printer.
- Complete facilities for workforce certification testing, online assessments, career guidance services, and job recruitment programs for both employers and job seekers.
To discuss how the Mobile Unit can support your training, testing or event support projects, please call us at 847.925.6066 or email to email@example.com.