Home » Harper CE Students FAQ

Harper CE Students FAQ

Harper CE Students FAQ

CE COVID-19 Updated FAQ’s – Updated 9.29.2020

How do I find out about the latest updates regarding CE classes?

Keep checking the latest updates on our website at ce.harpercollege.edu

When will CE classes resume and students be allowed back on campus?

A majority of CE classes are being offered online for the Fall 20 and Spring 21 semesters. A few select classes will be conducted in-person, on-campus subject to safety rules established by the college.

Our fall catalog was mailed throughout the district and is available online – Fall 2020 catalog. Please note that many changes to the schedule have taken place, since it was printed, based on changing conditions. The most accurate information is available on our website by searching for your interests or browsing our courses ). Registered students will receive information specific to your class.

At this time we cannot project when we might resume a full schedule of in-person classes.

If I start taking classes online will I be able to continue with online learning once classes return to campus?

Yes. The implementation of online classes is not just a response to the pandemic but rather a permanent addition to our schedule.

Who should take online classes?

Online classes should be taken by anyone who wants to continue learning without coming onto the campus. There are some basic requirements and skills that you will need to be a successful online learner. You should consult with our Technical Requirements for Online Learning document to determine your readiness. You can also follow the Online Classes link from the CE homepage.

What about Motorcycle Safety Classes?

Please check our Motorcycle home page for the latest updates. Available fall courses are now posted. Note: A majority of our classes are currently registered full. If you cannot find an available class keep checking as people do drop classes on occasion which will be reflected immediately.

All motorcycle safety classes have been cancelled at the following locations for the remainder of this year:

    • Bridgeview Courthouse (LMT0031 and LMT0032) Bridgeview
    • College of Lake County (LMT0011, LMT0012, and LMT0013) Grayslake
    • Elston Ave. Secretary of State’s office (LMT0025) Chicago
    • Harper College Learning and Career Center (LMT0001 and LMT0002) Prospect Heights
    • S. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive Secretary of State’s office (LMT0023) Chicago

Please be aware, the Motorcycle Program has had to cancel several hundred course sections and several thousand registered students. This, as well as other Continuing Education and credit classes that have been cancelled, has created a huge number of refunds to be processed. Each refund has to be individually processed by a limited number of people working in our Business Office. This will take several weeks to complete. Be assured that your refund will be processed and there is nothing we can do to speed that up. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

Should I register now for courses that are coming up?

Yes. Please visit ce.harpercollege.edu to either search for classes or to browse our offerings. Our online classes will run as scheduled as long as they get the minimum enrollment. We also expect in-person classes to run as scheduled subject to attaining minimum enrollment and there being no changes to the state’s protocols for gatherings and schools.

How are refunds and cancellations being handled?

    • You must drop a class at least 3 days before it begins in order to receive a full refund. You can drop a class 3 days or more before the class begins online.
    • If a medical or personal emergency prevents you from finishing a class, you can file an appeal to request a refund. Please include your name, contact information, the class name and times and the reason you cannot complete the class. Send appeals to: ce@harpercollege.edu. Refund decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis. We are handling refund requests on a case-by-case basis.
    • The College reserves the right to cancel any section of any course if enrollment is insufficient. If a class must be cancelled for any reason, a full refund will be automatically granted to reflect your original payment method. Please note: refunds may take several weeks to complete. We appreciate your patience while you wait for your refund to show on your bank/credit card account.

Who should I contact to get more information about a Continuing Education (CE) class?

Please email ce@harpercollege.edu. We are monitoring email daily so that we can reply to you as quickly as possible. You may also call us at 847.925.6300.

Who should I contact about Motorcycle Safety classes?

Questions about Motorcycle Safety classes should go directly to motorcycles@harpercollege.edu

For general information about Harper College’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and about for-credit classes, please visit: https://www.harpercollege.edu/advisory/index.php

%d bloggers like this: