Harper College is a proud recipient of the Susan Harwood Training Grant!
Susan Harwood Training Grants provide training and education for workers and employers on workplace safety and health hazards, responsibilities and rights. Target audiences include businesses with 2-250 employees within the United States, low-literacy, and high-hazard industry workers and employers.
Harper is offering FREE 2, 4 and 6 hour safety awareness courses. Current topics offered are:
- Record Keeping
- Electrical Hazards Awareness
- Workplace Hazards and Safety
- Preventing Slips, Trips and Falls: Program for Small Businesses
- Fall Hazard Awareness in Construction and General Industry
Accidents can happen anywhere – in retail stores, offices, schools, manufacturing facilities and at home. This training will help HR and safety managers, small business owners, supervisors, and employees in all settings to recognize, evaluate, and control workplace hazards.
Courses will help increase awareness of workplace hazards and how to prevent them; the goal is to create a safer environment for all employees.
Benefits of attending the training are:
- Avoid worker replacement costs
- Reduce employee turnover
- Reduce training expenses
- Avoid insurance premium increases
- Reduce workman’s compensation expenses
- Reduce time away from work
- Increase productivity and worker morale
- Improve customer service and quality
- Avoid workplace disruptions
- Avoid loss of productivity
or for more information, contact 847-925-6023.
Government employees are ineligible to participate due to grant regulations.
Disclaimer: This material was produced under grant number SH-05168-SH9 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, U.S. Department of Labor. It does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the U.S. Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. government.